Devolution of access licences

Under certain circumstances you can apply to be recorded in the Access Register as the holder or co-holder of a water access licence or holding. This is covered in section 72 of the Water Management Act 2000.

Effect of a caveat

Under certain circumstances a caveat can be lodged on a water access licence. Provisions with respect to caveats are in section 71F and Part 2 of Schedule 1A of the Water Management Act 2000.

Inquiries regarding either devolution or caveats should be directed to Land and Property Information (a division of the Department of Finance and Services) or seek professional legal advice.